Leading Authentic Dialogue: unlocking the power of purpose – China region
A ten-session programme for leaders, coaches and change agents who want to lead powerful conversations. If you want to catalyse sustainable, purpose-led change by uplifting people and performance, this leading-edge programme is for you.
We live in an increasingly interconnected world where we are also at risk of increasing fragmentation. Individuals often struggle to talk with each other about what matters most. Teams compete rather than collaborate so that critical issues fall through the cracks. Organisations don’t serve their whole ecosystem of stakeholders and fail to connect people with an inspiring purpose.
Dialogue and Purpose is a skill-building programme that provides practical tools to mitigate these risks by shifting these dynamics. It gives you the know-how to lead powerful conversations that create positive change, whether to increase performance and wellbeing, activate purpose or drive innovation during these times of high change.
Session 1: Diagnose the dialogue
- Why authentic dialogue is vital for purpose-driven business
- What makes dialogue different to monologue, debate and discussion
- How to diagnose and enhance dialogue
Session 2: Lead the dialogue
- Why dialogue about purpose can lead to conflict and what to do about this
- How to detect and lead in different conversational fields
- What the characteristics of dialogue in high-performing teams are and how can these be cultivated
Session 3: Flow in dialogue
- Why deeper listening is essential for tuning in to personal purpose
- How to increase your ability to hear what others are saying without adding your own interpretations
- What qualities create a fertile space within which new possibilities emerge: inner stillness, relaxed patience, openness and receptivity.
Session 4: Unify the dialogue
- Why deeper listening is vital for articulating purpose for the team and the organisation
- How to build consensus about purpose through cycles of purpose formulation and purpose implementation
- What translations between professional and value-based sub-groups can bring to purpose formulation
Session 5: Fuel the dialogue
- Why finding and speaking your authentic voice enriches a conversation
- How to find the courage to speak about what emerges for you during a dialogue
- What ‘change the discourse’ means and how it generates freshness, creativity, and spontaneity
Session 6: Elevate the dialogue
- Why authenticity is essential for discovering and sustaining purpose
- How to surface a purpose for a team through dialogue
- What a conversation about purpose at an organisational level calls for
Session 7: Build the dialogue
- Why respectful challenges strengthen projects and clarifies purpose
- How to ‘play the devil’s advocate’ to deepen, rather than fracture, a dialogue
- What differentiates criticism, which demotivates people, from critical reflection, which brings out the full potential of the dialogue
Session 8: Crown the dialogue
- Why honouring different points of view activates purpose
- How to integrate diverse perspectives on organisational purpose
- What is required to manage the ‘power vacuum’ when profit is no longer the ultimate purpose
Session 9: Extend the dialogue
- Why seeing your inner critic and taken-for-granted assumptions transforms dialogue
- How to notice and suspend what you are certain about or judging
- What gets in the way of suspending and holding onto your judgements lightly
Session 10: Fortify the dialogue
- Why surfacing different stakeholders’ assumptions powers dialogue about purpose
- How to invite others to notice and suspend what they are certain about
What ‘liberating structures’ free up energy for activating purpose and new possibilities
Please book early to avoid disappointment
Maximum number of participants is 24.
“Brilliant course – maybe the best I have been on. Loved the models and exercises. Great to have some practical tools for board conversations that lead to better decisions and higher performance.”
Gareth Evans, HR Director, AB Connect.
"This programme gave me the opportunity to investigate dialogue in depth and to practise with other professionals. The dialogic tools and skilled facilitation have helped me to embed dialogue into the way I work."
Gillian Crooks, HR Transformation Change, Engagement and Communications Lead, His Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, UK
The Dialogue and Purpose Programme is for business leaders, executives, and managers across various industries who are responsible for guiding teams and organisations towards their goals while ensuring these align with the organisation’s purpose. This includes CEOs, directors, team leads, and project managers.
The course is also suitable for aspiring leaders looking to develop essential dialogue skills that foster collaboration, innovation, and purpose-driven performance in their future leadership roles.
- Aligning communication: Develop skills to facilitate dialogue which fosters a unified understanding and sense of direction among team members.
- Purpose-driven performance: Understand the principles of dialogue in high-performing teams and use these to work towards and from the organisation's purpose.
- Purposeful self-expression: Cultivate the ability to express your authentic voice, promoting a culture of openness and purpose-driven decision-making.
- Constructive purpose evaluation: Master the art of providing respectful challenges and constructive criticism enabling teams to refine ideas and stay focused on their mission.
- Purposeful innovation: Learn to identify and challenge taken-for-granted assumptions to unlock innovative solutions which align with the organisation's purpose.
All times are shown below are for Shanghai, China.
Session 1: Monday 18 September, 7:30 – 10pm
Session 2: Monday 25 September, 7:30 – 10pm
Session 3: Monday 9 October, 7:30 – 10pm
Session 4: Monday 16 October, 7:30 – 10pm
Session 5: Monday 30 October, 7:30 – 10pm
Session 6: Monday 6 November, 7:30 – 10pm
Session 7: Monday 13 November, 7:30 – 10pm
Session 8: Monday 27 November, 7:30 – 10pm
Session 9: Monday 4 December, 7:30 – 10pm
Session 10: Monday 18 December, 7:30 – 10pm
1,995 USD (no VAT required)
Maximum number of participants is 24.
30 days prior to start, full refund
15 days before start, 50% refund.
If you are unable to attend and can find a qualified replacement you will be eligible for a full refund once their payment is received.
In case of emergencies please email us on email@example.com
Sarah Rozenthuler is a chartered psychologist, leadership consultant and dialogue coach. She has over 15 years international experience consulting to many organisations including BP, Discovery, Book Trust and Standard Chartered Bank. Sarah coaches CEOs and their teams to lead more purposefully and communicate more effectively.
Sarah is the CEO of Bridgework, a consulting company she founded in 2007 to inspire leaders and strengthen organisations to become a force for good in the world.
As the author of How to Have Meaningful Conversations (Watkins, 2019) and Powered by Purpose: Energise your People to do Great Work (FT Pearson, 2020), Sarah’s work has been widely featured in the media including The Sunday Times, The Guardian, Psychologies Magazine and BBC Business online.
Claus Springborg is a leadership consultant, author, lecturer at Copenhagen Business School and an Associate Consultant of Bridgework. With a PhD research from Cranfield School of Management on practices that can help leaders to solve seemingly unsolvable problems, Claus has over ten years experience teaching entrepreneurship, management theory and personal development.
As the author of the book Sensory Templates and Managerial Cognition - Art, Cognitive Science and Spiritual Practices in Management Education (Palgrave Macmillan 2018) Claus enables leaders to improve their effectiveness by deepening their presence. Using an evidence-based approach, Claus brings humanistic principles, precision, reflexivity and humour to his teaching and consulting work.