Activating Purpose-Led Leadership
A six-week online programme
15th April – 1st June 2021
A transformative skill building programme on how to create resilient organisations, top teams and engaged individuals through harnessing the power of purpose
In organisations around the world, the pressure is on. Leaders need to navigate the volatility and complexity created by rapidly changing consumer expectations, social and technological shifts, and climate change.
Leadership styles addressing past certainties cannot deal with the current reality without wholeheartedly embracing purpose. Purpose provides a way through this challenging environment. A key source of competitive advantage, purpose harnesses the energy of the organisation to serve all its stakeholders.
Activating Purpose-Led Leadership explores the four core leadership capacities that leaders need to feel alive at work, inspire their teams and, through deeper relationships, create better performance. It is based on the best-selling book Powered by Purpose: Energise your People to do Great Work by Sarah Rozenthuler (FT Pearson, 2020.)
Who needs purpose?
Participating in this programme will expand your leadership skillset whether you are:
- A business leader in the private, public or not-for-profit sector
- An executive coach who catalyses change in organisations
- A community leader with the vision to generate radical social change
What people say
"I would highly recommend this programme to anyone wanting to work on exploring and connecting with purpose and in doing so, learning what this can unlock in your leadership style and approach. An excellent combination of thought provoking reads and videos, self reflection, group discussions and embodiment exercises. Really energising, challenging and outcome focussed."
Lindsey Duffy, People Director, The Very Group
“I would recommend this programme for anyone who wants to explore and define their purpose and be able to move forward. It’s inspiring in a practical way and encourages reflection and provides ways of turning reflection into action. It’s delivered with passion in an inclusive, safe and motivating manner “
Mandy Carter, Pathfinder, Choice Support
"A beautiful and revealing experience and I recommend this programme to anyone who is keen to explore purpose in a more embodied way.”
Amel Murphy, Founder, Coach and Facilitator, Embodied Beings
Booking and Bursaries
Booking is essential as places are limited – you need to make payment on line to secure your place.
The fee includes the six online sessions and all materials plus a follow-on group session three months later to help you embed your learning (date to be confirmed.)
A limited number of bursaries are available for people who would find it difficult to attend due to financial pressures in these challenging times. Please contact us directly if you would like to apply for a bursary place.
If you have any queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the benefits?
Recent research demonstrates purpose-driven organisations outperform the market by 42%. They deliver better financial performance, more employee engagement and a greater competitive edge.
Activating Purpose-Led Leadership will equip you to deliver through:
- Bringing together all aspects of purpose: organisational, team and personal, providing practical models and steps that you can immediately apply
- Outlining an original, easy to follow model of four interrelated leadership capacities enabling you to bring purpose to life
- Guiding you through steps so that you align your people around a shared purpose to obtain outstanding results
- Drawing on over a decade of research on how purpose can be effectively put into action as outlined in Powered by Purpose by Sarah Rozenthuler (FT Pearson, 2020)
The heart of this programme is bringing to life the four core capacities of purpose-led leadership (as outlined in the book Powered by Purpose: Energise Your People to Do Great Work):
- Cultivate leadership presence – Accurately tune into what you sense the ‘new now’ calls for
- Make dialogue authentic - Deepen your listening and build trusting relationships
- Engage your stakeholders – Reliably map your ecosystem and reach out to those you impact
- Connect on purpose – Articulate and live a potent ‘why’ for you and your team
Modules 1-4 will focus on the four capacities of purpose-led leadership. Modules 5-6 will cover how to tune your team with a compelling purpose and how to step more fully into your own purpose.
Throughout all six modules we will work with a ‘presence coach.' We will be guided to stay in touch with our felt-sense of what’s happening right now that will transform the way we think and what our emerging future is calling us to do.
What will you learn?
Each session will be experiential, participative and fun! The sessions include a weave of short inputs, success stories and practical tools. We will do many embodied exercises to integrate the intelligence of the body with more traditional cognitive approaches. This will allow you to experience the energy of purpose rather than it just being a mental construct.
Prior to the programme, you’ll have the opportunity to review how you connect with purpose at a personal and organisational level, and then explore how to bring these into greater alignment.
Modules 1-4 will focus on the four capacities of purpose-led leadership:
- Cultivate Leadership Presence - how to act in a way that others are inspired to follow
- Make Dialogue Authentic - how to talk about what matters most including people’s long-term wellbeing
- Engage your Stakeholders - how to articulate purpose so it engages and energises a wide array of people internally and externally
- Connect on Purpose - how to embody purpose so it becomes part of day-to-day decision making
Modules 5-6 will cover the three ‘bridges’ of purpose and will enable you to take others with you on the following three journeys:
- Ambition. When you move your organisation beyond the profit or metric motive to focus on making a difference in the world, you strengthen your ability to engage team members, serve stakeholders and invent new innovations.
- Alignment. When your team coalesces around a shared purpose, you build trust, pull together and deliver extraordinary results. Having a common ‘why’ enables your team to navigate conflict effectively and have constructive dialogue.
- Aliveness. When you do what is uniquely yours to do, you find your work more and more interesting. You access new resources as you move more deeply into your true potential.
Throughout all six modules we will work with a ‘presence coach’ to keep us rooted in the present moment so that we stay energized and focused whilst working on screen.
Module 1: Introducing the Four Capacities of Purpose-Led Leadership
Thursday 15th April 2021, 2-6pm UK
Module 2: Cultivate Leadership Presence and Generate Authentic Dialogue
Tuesday 20th April 2021, 2-6pm UK
Module 3: Engage Your Stakeholders
Thursday 29th April 2021, 2-6pm UK
Module 4: Connect on Purpose
Thursday 6th May 2021, 2-6pm UK
Module 5: Turbo Charge Your Team with Purpose
Tuesday 25th May 2021, 2-6pm UK
Module 6: Step into your Personal Purpose
Tuesday 1st June 2021, 2-6pm UK
All sessions will take place online. We will send you the login details once you've registered.
Corporate funded fee £1350+ VAT
Not-for-profit funded fee £950 + VAT
Individually funded fee £650 + VAT
Fee includes the six online sessions and all materials plus a follow-on group session three months later to help you embed your learning (date to be confirmed.)
A number of bursaries are available. Please ask.
Refunds up to one calendar month before event
Sarah Rozenthuler - Lead Facilitator
Sarah Rozenthuler is a chartered psychologist, leadership consultant and dialogue coach. She has over 15 years international experience consulting to many organisations including BP, Discovery, Book Trust and Standard Chartered Bank. Sarah coaches CEOs and their teams to lead more purposefully and communicate more effectively.
Sarah is the CEO of Bridgework, a consulting company she founded in 2007 to inspire leaders and strengthen organisations to become a force for good in the world. As the author of How to Have Meaningful Conversations (Watkins, 2019) and Powered by Purpose: Energise your People to do Great work (FT Pearson, 2020), Sarah’s work has been widely featured in the media including The Sunday Times, The Guardian, Psychologies Magazine and BBC Business online.
Jan Rakowicz - Presence Coach
Jan Rakowicz is a presence coach, listening ear, and systemic team coach with a passion for supporting executives who want to bring their 'wise-self' to work, home, and play. He is an Associate Consultant of Bridgework and Founder CEO of Matrix Coaching and Consulting.
With over 20 years of operational management and interdisciplinary consultancy expertise, Jan has consulted on business strategy to businesses, advised on fundraising strategy to the not-for-profit sector, and coached leadership teams to think together and engage their stakeholders.
Jan was Managing Director of the niche consultancy Mira Kelly Ltd for 4 years after working abroad for over 20 years in The Netherlands, Poland and France for BCG, Monitor Company and Société Générale. He is tri-lingual in English, Polish and French, speaks German and basic Dutch. Jan holds an MBA, BSc (Eng) in Mechanical Engineering, HNC in Music Performance, Certificate in Practical Shiatsu, Certificate in Systemic Team Coaching®, and Certificate in Coaching.